A PHOTO EXPEDITION LED BY QUIET WORDS.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Day two.

With today, comes three more pictures, and sadly, they are not new. My camera batteries are still charging, and my fingers need more yoga stretches before they will be ready to press down on that button that freezes time.

It's getting colder, and with the changing season comes an escape to music that I have forgotten about. The feelings of wintertime bring with them the need for repetition. I become more homebound during these days. Time passes a little slower. Sentences become shorter. I need less.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Date:
Summer 2006
Notes:
I live in Lakeview (for those not familiar with Chicago it is about a 15 minute train ride north of downtown) and this building, now being turned into upscale expensive condos, seems radiantly bright during this cloudless summer day.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois
Date:
Jazzfest - Summer 2006
Notes:
There is an amazing outdoor amphitheater, Jay Pritzker Pavilion, located in Millennium Park in downtown Chicago. I have seen incredible bands there and spent amazing days sitting in the landscape, fingers wrapped in grass, admiring the skyline. The picure below shows no grass, but what it lacks in grass it makes up for in shadows.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois
Date:
Jazzfest - Summer 2006
Notes:
This final picture is not an advertisement for Budweiser, there are so many better beers to drink. However, I did like the simple color scheme that resulted from this, quite American, image. The red, white, and green (I know, I almost said blue too) offset each other well, at least in my opinion.


Complexity does not equal genius, while simplicity does not equal idleness.
Take each for what they are and take them as nothing.

No comments: